The Faces of Grand Theft Auto Through The Years
Twelve years will have passed between the release of Grand Theft Auto III in 2001 and Grand Theft Auto V in 2013. Those 12 years have seen ten releases of major GTA games and DLC, each putting its own spin on the series’ classic vector art look.
The 71 official images pulled from Rockstar’s website cover GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, GTA4, The Lost and Damned, Chinatown Wars, The Ballad of Gay Tony, and GTA5, including the images released just last night.
So by the numbers: what do the faces of Grand Theft Auto look like?
- 58 are men (0 in sexually provocative dress and/or poses)
- 21 are women (15 in sexually provocative dress and/or poses)
- 22 have guns
- 5 have melee weapons or are fighting
- 9 are wearing sunglasses, even indoors
- 8 have visible tattoos
- 5 are eating or drinking
- 4 have cigarettes or cigars
- 4 have mobile phones
- 3 are showing cash
- …and 1 has a dog that will eat your face. Twice.
Flipping through the full gallery is also just a neat way to look at how a signature style of art has evolved and changed over the past decade.
22 Notes/ Hide
- bowtiesandfoxes reblogged this from kotakucom
- bowtiesandfoxes likes this
- ariyx likes this
- sparkark likes this
- freshmensalley reblogged this from kotakucom
- lagunamov likes this
- urbster reblogged this from kotakucom and added:
- gamesadict likes this
- timesplitter66 likes this
- freshest-tittymilk likes this
- slimgamer likes this
- younastysonovabitch reblogged this from kotakucom and added:
- freshmensalley likes this
- the-loudest-assassin likes this
- thingsandshityakno likes this
- lbrdgs reblogged this from kotakucom
- ifyouwanttomakeenemies likes this
- kingoffools reblogged this from kotakucom
- lesbh4rgo reblogged this from kotakucom
- previsionary reblogged this from kotakucom
- noitsroman likes this
- kotakucom posted this